True Origins

Get your knowledge here...

Forums

Forum Home > African History/Information and research > Where is my sub-Saharan?

AncientBerber

I will try to keep this short and to the point. So I was curious about what current day populations share my genetic profile he most closely. I decided to go for the DNA Tribes 21 STR marker kit since they were having a sale. When I got my results, I was somewhat disappointed because it showed that the top 7 out of my top 10 matches were Morroccan Berber groups, Magrheb, Libya, Southern Morrocco, Spain, Italy etc. I got NO matches for sub-Saharan Africa besides a minuscule portion of Sudan. I also got NO matches for African-American. Now I have always been proud of being African and really wanted sub-Saharan results and I also am phenotypically sub-Saharan. The interesting thing though is that the test shows that in the diaspora, the other poeple who share my profile are people from 2 parts of Brazil and the Afro-Caribbean region. This would mean that those people who are also black, do not match closely to SSA. Now I've known about the Moors/Berbers for a while, but never really believed that they were black as I am due to the propaganda you read anytime the terms "North African", "Berber", and "Moor" are used. This research led me to conclude that the original Berbers must had been black and that some type of tom-foolery is being used to make North Africa seem white. 

I found this: http://realhistoryww.com/world_history/ancient/Misc/True_Negros/The_True_Negro_2a.htm and this: http://genealogytrails.com/scar/negro_law.htm which mentions the ancient berbers were the ones to be enslaved. In addition, I found out the history of the Marinids in Morocco and how their fall in Morrocco led to the taking of Granada, their expulsion from Europe and most of them being marooned in the Carib and other parts of latin America. This is why my name is Ancient Berber, I feel a big step in gaining our true history lies in proving that the original Berbers were as black as SSAs.

Now I'm not as skilled as Big Mike when it comes to interpreting DNA stuff, in fact I would be willing to send him my DNA report if he thinks some info can be gained from it, I am a true amateur. Still, I feel this link is important especially if there are tons of people in Brazil and the Caribbean who match up on tests as Morrocco. Is there anyone here who knows enough about STR markers and would like to help a fellow brother out? I also found some sample test results done on 50 black Canadians and some of them also show Morrocco as their main matches: http://dnatribes.com/sample-results/fifty-black-canadians.pdf

I think genetics is the science that they did not plan for when they were whitewashing history. Our genetics will set us free as already seen with Egypt studies on genes, skulls and limbs. Thanks for your time, hit me up if you have any info that can help me on this issue. I am currently reading Big Mike's post on the Maghreb, which is an amazing compilation of info for my insatiable thirst for knowledge. 

June 29, 2013 at 3:51 AM Flag Quote & Reply

AncientBerber

I tried to clean this post up but didn't realize there's a 10 minute window for edits lol. Oh well, read it and weep. 

June 29, 2013 at 4:05 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.